- I don't care if I have become a BlogHer Ads minion - if I read one more post about all the fun everyone is having out there in Chicago right now, I'm not going to be responsible for what happens.
- I know I've mentioned before how teens make us feel ancient, etc. But really? Nothing drives home the fact that you are middle-aged like visiting your child's college-to-be on Open House Day. On the one hand you are strolling across a college campus, channeling your younger self and recalling all the fun you had at school; on the other hand, you are noticing all the other parents there with their teens and thinking, "Boy, do they look old!" And then, reality smacks you in the face - they look like you.
- Parents, when your grown children make an effort to call you every other day because you have complained about not hearing from them on a regular basis? Do not spend half the phone time complaining that they are not visiting you enough. It's just not smart.
- Today, we had to drive 90 minutes to get to Theo's college and 90 minutes back. It was hell. We are supposed to drive 13 hours next week to get to our vacation destination. If you hear about some children being abandoned on the NJ Turnpike sometime in early August, you'll know why.
- Last night Larry managed to talk on the phone with the nice man who has half our vacation money. He assured us that our cottage up North was still awaiting us and instructed us to send the other half of the rent. Should we be worried that the mailing address he gave us is in Mexico?
- Ha - just kidding on that last one - but I would prefer to give him the rest of the money once we get there.
- So much for assuming that that Cambridge cop was a bigoted idiot [for those of you too lazy to click, that article is headlined, "Crowley Teaches Racial Profiling Class At Academy"]...If the Cambridge police department owes Professor Gates an apology for handcuffing him and fingerprinting him, Professor Gates owes them an apology for verbally abusing Sgt. Crowley, an officer in uniform who was trying to do his job.
Tweet Pin It