Sunday, July 05, 2009

AWOL Appliance Poetry

I completely forgot to include Mrs. Ohtobe's truly excellent contributions to our poetry slam. Her exclusion could render the results of this contest null and void (I'd hate to be sued). Check it out:


It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a dishwasher full of dirty dishes, will break down at the most inopportune time.

From: Grime & Prejudice

-or-

How about a little Poe?

Once upon a midnight dreary
Dinner's done and I am weary
Load the glasses then the plates
Silverware is in, the pots: they can wait
I shut the door and press the button
But that dang thing, it ain't a runnin'
From deep inside there is a clanking, clanking
And my head I begin a banging, banging
Run the dishwasher? Nevermore.



I'm feeling marginally better today, but not well enough to be coherent. Back tomorrow with the final (if questionable) results from our appliance poetry slam and other unrelated thoughts about illness, mortality, and that pesky " in sickness and in health" item in the wedding vows....

7 comments:

  1. I want to vote for the Poe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second one might be my new favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pesky "in sickness or health"??? This sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - that Poe version is EXCELLENT! clap clap clap clap clap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 05, 2009

    Applause for Mrs. Ohtobe's Poe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! that is the state of my dishwasher right now! I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 06, 2009

    hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete