Saturday, April 04, 2015

Paint And Taxes

Just finished our taxes, only I didn't really, because there is one more piece of information we have to dig up, and boy did Larry look happy when he heard that.  Actually, he hasn't looked happy since his second visit to the paint store today, after which he painted MORE samples on the kitchen wall and I said they were all the wrong ones.

Which experience actually made doing the taxes seem fun by comparison, come to think of it...

Anywhoo, I'd be going to bed to dream sweet dreams of paying the IRS too much money, but instead I have to wait up and hide Easter eggs.  I had assumed that everyone here was too old for such shenanigans, but apparently Rachel and Susie still want to get up early on Easter morning and put way too much work into finding a couple of handfuls of jelly beans.  The thrill is in the chase, I guess, and so I am staying up to find places to hide the eggs that won't endanger anyone.

Hospitality ready!

Because, remember?  Most of the kitchen stuff has been relocated to the dining room/living room, in this townhouse formerly known as spacious. Piles of it, on the dining room hutch, in front of the dining room hutch, in the den off the living room...either this is going to be the most impossible egg hunt ever or the easiest (if I go with my idea of just leaving them all behind the couch).

You see that blue drink cooler in the picture there?  That's not even ours - it belongs to the Boy Scout troop. Mulch Madness is still haunting me.

Have I mentioned we have people coming over tomorrow?  All this junk is almost freeing, as there is no way I can clean up adequately for our guests. I mean, I'm not even going to try.  So there's that.









3 comments:

  1. LOL, Happy Easter. I think you're right that renovation mess excuses you from cleaning for guests.
    I forgot to buy jelly beans and it is after 10:00pm and the Easter baskets are still buried somewhere under the Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 minutes before we were to leave for church, I saw an Instagram photo of a nice, relaxed family dying eggs. I yelled, "Crap! We forgot to color eggs!"
    We just got home from church (at 10:45pm) and I sent the oldest down to try to find the Easter baskets in the basement. Now that I think about it, I should have just left them there and tomorrow morning have the kids look for them. Best hiding place ever!
    Enjoy your company! And good luck with the paint color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also hoped we were past the darn egg hunt. We aren't, but next year we are because there are still unfound eggs and I expect them to spend as much time looking as I did staging!

    ReplyDelete