Thursday, July 16, 2015

Trend Setter

I ordered something from Amazon the other day, and David was around when it arrived and I unpacked the box.

"What are those?" he asked.

I'm stylin'...
"My new orange glasses," I said, putting them on. "Aren't they awesome?"

"But what are they for?" he said, dodging my question.

"They cut out the blue light from my IPad screen and my phone, so looking at them doesn't mess with my circadian rhythms."

David looked at me, tilting his head to one side in a manner reminiscent of that dog in the Victrola logo.

"Where did you hear that?" he asked.

"I read it on the Internet," I said, proudly, "and ordered them right away."

You know how something makes sense inside your head, but then you say it out loud?  Yeah, that.  And it sounded even less believable when I explained it to Larry, our resident skeptic, that evening.

"How much did you pay for those?" was all he wanted to know.

"Only 10 dollars! Isn't that great?"

"Well, it could have been worse," he said.

I think he's just jealous I didn't get him a pair, also. Hey, we can't all be early adopters, can we?




6 comments:

  1. Have you downloaded f.lux yet? https://justgetflux.com/

    ~Luke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have that on our desktop computer. But there is no version for the IPad or IPod Touch.

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJuly 17, 2015

    Plus they look like the kind you use for target shooting! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And they totally cut glare when you go skiing on a sunny day. Or is that yellow? Or amber? (Jesus, I sound like I'm figuring out the alert system.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that is why I try VERY, VERY, VERY hard to never have to explain myself out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If they work, your family will be begging to use those glasses and you can charge fees.

    ReplyDelete